Monday 30 January 2012

Comparison of squirrel image:

Below is my chosen image of a Grey Squirrel:


whereas the following image of a Grey Squirrel is taken by Heather Angel (see previous blog).



Similarities of the 2 photographs:
  • Size of squirrel
  • Pose of squirrel - eating
  • Autumnal
  • Eye contact
  • Muted colours
Differences between the 2 photographs:
  • Position of squirrel (central compared to intersection of Rule of Thirds)
  • Lighting (Heather's image appears brighter)
  • Background (grass versus leaves)
  • Heather's squirrel looks into the image, whereas mine looks out of the image 
  • My image shows the white squirrel fur to better advantage
  • Square versus portrait format
  • Perspective - Heather has taken her iamge at the same level as the squirrel
 Does my image compare favourably with Heather Angel's?

In many ways the 2 photographs are very similar but I prefer my own photograph. The squirrel and its fur are brighter and the composition is more interesting. The only feature I prefer is the eye level perspective and I shall consider using this perspective in future. As always it is personal preference.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment