Thursday 1 December 2011

Another photoshop image

This image is of the willow tree taken in September.





I like this image as it conveys to me the beauty and majesty of this magnificent tree which has played a central role within my memories of my garden (children climbing trees and falling out of them!, growing and ageing during our time there, birds and animals sheltering there) so it will be a memento to me.


I like the rectangle made by the trunk and the branches, the colours of the leaves,bark and sky together.It feels totally as one with nature - peaceful yet majestic.




Initially I cropped the image to 10 by 8 inches:





I then tried a conversion to black and white. Although this shows the strong lines of the image, the monochrome makes the image appear 'smaller' and less delineated.  Visually it has less impact so I have rejected this adjustment.



I also rejected changes to:
      hue and saturation
      exposure
      


I then tried photo filter, wondering if a warming filter would enhance the gold of the autumnal leaves and the bark of the tree.





I believe it succeeded so intend to use this adjustment.



I then wondered if increasing the vibrancy would improve the image.



Again I believe this was so.




Above is the final image, and below the original image.




The changes applied have been subtle, but the image is now warmer and appears less exposed.



Further Action:
Research the terms
     hue
     saturation
     vibrance
     filters

No comments:

Post a Comment