Thursday 17 November 2011

More Bulbs - November 2011



In November I returned to the colourful bulbs - they had opened further and the leaves had begun to decay. I was curious to see how this affected the final images.



f/8; ISO 200; 1/25 second; focal length 90 mm

f/8; ISO 200; 1/30 second; focal length 90 mm

f/5.6; ISO 200; 1/60 second; focal length 90 mm

f/5.0; ISO 200; 1/80 second; focal length 90 mm

f/5.0; ISO 200; 1/30 second; focal length 90 mm

The camera was on a tripod for stability and I once I had composed my image I experimented with the aperture and depth of field. Wider aperture gives narrower depth of field.

The last image is the one I prefer. the colours and contrasting textures are a delight, and the wider background of the other photos was a distraction .

I prefer the photo taken earlier - mainly because of its simplicity. However what would be a fascinating project for 2012 would be to take the same photo throughout the year and display4 images together to contrast the seasons. A good plan I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment